Role: Project Manager
Cirrico is a fast-growing UK-based technology company that supplies nonprofits, educational organisations and responsible businesses with purpose-built tools including Salesforce.
Reporting to the Delivery Manager
We are looking to hire a Project Manager to manage the planning and delivery of our services to our customers. Most of the customers you work with will be small and medium nonprofits, the average project size is 1-2 months, with regular 3-5 day project discovery type engagements. Most customers will not have a dedicated Project Manager and will not be experienced in working on or delivering software projects. You will be working with a Delivery team of around 5-10 consultants.
We are committed to contributing to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals 4, 5, 12 and 13, and to aligning our carbon reporting with the Streamlined Energy & Carbon Reporting (SECR). We give our people’s time and expertise, as well as a percentage of our profit, to fulfil our objectives. We call this CirriCommit.
The benefits of working for Cirrico include paid time for you to contribute via our CirriCommit programme; a wellness program; private healthcare insurance; continual professional development budget; a work MacBook pro; 25 days holiday plus bank holidays; paid sick allowance and a competitive salary.
Responsibilities will include
- Working with the Delivery Manager and Delivery team – primarily Salesforce Consultants, to own the successful delivery of projects – typically you will own around 10 projects In Progress with 10 scheduled or in the pipeline.
- Effectively applying our methodology and enforcing project standards.
- Act as first point of project escalation.
- Customer/project onboarding:
- Acting as a key contact for customers prior to the project start date, triaging questions.
- Explaining our process and having kickoff meetings with customers.
- Project scheduling:
- Creating project plans in our Project Management software.
- Agreeing project schedules with customers.
- Resource allocation of Cirrico team members.
- Project management:
- Able to lead and motivate project team members throughout the project life cycle (including customer project team)
- Owning project time, scope, quality, budget to ensure it is delivered successfully and any risks or issues are flagged at the earliest opportunity
- Owning project milestones and the milestone sign off process
- Managing the Change Request process including collaborating with customers around impacts and tradeoffs
- Ensuring project profit performance is maintained through delivery
- For some projects regular activities such as RAID meetings with customers
- Joining Delivery team standups
- Dealing with complex projects where the scope needs more discovery and definition
- Agile delivery during projects
- Work with our hybrid Agile/Waterfall methodologies
- Act as Scrum Master to ensure project phases run smoothly
- Partake in weekly sprint planning and retrospective meetings
The approximate breakdown of your activities in an average week
- 0.5 day – Internal Cirrico team meetings
- 1.5 days – Daily project standups and project team meetings
- 1 day – Project planning, scheduling and admin
- 1 day – Customer Zoom meetings
- 0.5 day – Customer Slack communications
- 0.5 day – Project delivery improvements
The person we’re looking for is likely to be
- Committed to our vision of Accelerating human progress through technology, and passionate about the positive impact our work can have.
- A transparent and efficient communicator with a growth mindset.
- Able to lead and motivate people.
- Quick and efficient using technology, particularly Salesforce, Zoom, Slack, Google apps, MacBook Pro.
- Able to multitask around 10 active projects with multiple contacts, with circa 10 in the pipeline.
- Excellent at communicating with customers, managing challenging conversations around Change Requests and scope.
- Emotionally intelligent and able to effectively interact with various customer stakeholders from the end-users through to senior management e.g. the CTO/CEO.
- Experienced at delivering software projects, preferably Salesforce, and aware of common challenges.
- Experienced with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
The successful candidate will be based in the UK (with the right to live and work here), and be able to work remotely as well as spend time with the Cirrico team in London every few weeks (when Covid restrictions permit).
My vision is for us to live in an efficient world - one that is sustainable, clean, healthy and caring, where technology is a force for good.
Founder and CEO